Tuesday 24 April 2012

tasty tuesday: cupcakes for two!

Welcome to our very first tasty tuesday!  Every Tuesday we'll be posting a new recipe that we think you'll enjoy.  My specialty is desserts, and Clara and Jordyn are both brilliant cooks, so you're in for a treat!


This week we're talking cupcakes.  Yep, cupcakes for TWO!!  Because sometimes making a full batch is a bad idea.   You know what I'm talking about....you promise yourself you'll just have one.  And maybe you hold out for a while, but suddenly you've eaten 8 cupcakes and are curled up on the couch with a stomach ache filled with regret.... Or is that just me?


Anyways, I got the idea from How Sweet It Is, as she did a version of vanilla cupcakes!  I thought it was a brilliant idea, and so I did a few trial runs with my own favorite chocolate recipe until I came up with a recipe I was happy with.  


One of my favorite things about this recipe is that it contains no eggs, so no weird egg measurements or strange egg taste in this small of a batch.  I love it!  Here it is:




Chocolate Cupcakes for Two
Recipe:
1/4 cup of Flour (slightly heaping)
3 TBSP of White Sugar
1 TBSP Cocoa Powder
1/4 tsp Baking Soda
1/8 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Vanilla
1/2 tsp Vinegar
1 TBSP Vegetable Oil
3 TBSP Water

Directions:
1)  In a small bowl mix together flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, and salt.
2)  Then add in the vanilla, vinegar, oil and water.
3)  Stir with a fork until everything is mixed together.
4)  Pour batter into two cupcake liners.
5)  Bake at 350 for about 15-18 minutes (or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean!).












ps: kelsey ♥


16 comments:

  1. That looks delicious! Great pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. come live with me & be my personal baker, mmk?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well you DO have a spare bedroom.... Caleb wouldn't mind, right? ;)

      Delete
    2. uhhh, of course not! especially if you're going to be baking for us!! haha

      Delete
  3. SweetCupcakeLoverTuesday, April 24, 2012

    Marry me! Please, hun, marry meeeeeeee! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh these look so good. I'm gonna have to try this. I have the biggest sweet tooth so one is never enough...which always leads to "why did I eat so many, I'll be running it off tomorrow" so yeah thanks. Now I can have one or two if I decide not to share...lol.

    xo erica

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is amazing and totally genius!

    Wren
    http://www.houseofwren.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is great! I LOVE cakes but husband doesn't care for them so this small batch really is an awesome idea. Plus there's less to clean up (I hate washing large mixing bowls)! :) Thanks for sharing.

    Hye-Rim (Clara's cousin)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! Less dishes to clean is always a good thing ;) Thanks so much!

      Delete
  7. Omg!! Thank you! This was perfect!! This was exactly what my neighbor and I needed to take care of our chocolate fix.

    ReplyDelete

Leave us some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...