Welcome to our very first tasty tuesday! Every Tuesday we'll be posting a new recipe that we think you'll enjoy. My specialty is desserts, and Clara and Jordyn are both brilliant cooks, so you're in for a treat!
This week we're talking cupcakes. Yep, cupcakes for TWO!! Because sometimes making a full batch is a bad idea. You know what I'm talking about....you promise yourself you'll just have one. And maybe you hold out for a while, but suddenly you've eaten 8 cupcakes and are curled up on the couch with a stomach ache filled with regret.... Or is that just me?
Anyways, I got the idea from How Sweet It Is, as she did a version of vanilla cupcakes! I thought it was a brilliant idea, and so I did a few trial runs with my own favorite chocolate recipe until I came up with a recipe I was happy with.
One of my favorite things about this recipe is that it contains no eggs, so no weird egg measurements or strange egg taste in this small of a batch. I love it! Here it is:
Chocolate Cupcakes for Two
1/4 cup of Flour (slightly heaping)
3 TBSP of White Sugar
1 TBSP Cocoa Powder
1/4 tsp Baking Soda
1/8 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Vanilla
1/2 tsp Vinegar
1 TBSP Vegetable Oil
3 TBSP Water
1) In a small bowl mix together flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, and salt.
2) Then add in the vanilla, vinegar, oil and water.
3) Stir with a fork until everything is mixed together.
4) Pour batter into two cupcake liners.
5) Bake at 350 for about 15-18 minutes (or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean!).
ps: kelsey ♥