This week's DIY inspiration comes from some good old doodling in my journal! I was doing my devos in the morning and couldn't get this hymn out of my head... I just love the simplicity and honesty of hymns and I really liked how my little doodle turned out, so I decided I wanted this doodle hanging above our piano on a bigger scale. It ended up being the perfect DIY to spice up our home for us music lovers =)
Fortunately, I had a big canvas that had a rip in it that I thought would work perfectly for this DIY!
materials: mod podge/glue stick, paintbrushes, old music paper/old book pages, black sharpie
- i n s t r u c t i o n s -
1. paint the modpodge onto your canvas
2. place your old music sheets / book pages onto the canvas, layer as needed & rip the sides for more texture!
3. start ... d o o d l i n g ! Your lines do NOT have to be perfect, they can be messy, and this really doesn't require any crazy artistic ability....seriously, just doodle! Go nuts & have fun =)
4. once the ink has dried from your doodling, paint another layer of mod podge on to finish it!
This was such a fun, inexpensive project, and I love having this musical themed canvas hanging above our piano! The only problem now is that I've gotten a little hooked on doodling now and have a million more ideas that I want to try using this framework...adding a splash of colour with watercolours, different quotes & lyrics, a backdrop of book pages instead of music sheets...oh the possibilities!
Do you have a favourite hymn? Or a song that you can't get out of your head? Or are you a crazy doodler like me? If so, you need to try this diy out! Hope you enjoyed this as much as I did =)
p.s. clara ♥