Sunday 19 August 2012

weekly wrap-up: perfect summer days


Jordyn and I started off the week exactly right with a trip to a local dairy farm for icecream!


Birchwood Dairy Farm is a wonderful combo of a dairy farm, processing plant, and country store.  Not only do they sell fresh produce, but they also sell their own cheese, yogurt, sour cream, and our favorite....ice cream!  It's always a special treat to visit, and I'm in love with the endless cornfields in the surrounding area.


One of the most exciting things that happened this week is that Jordyn and I participated in a tea contest, where the winner receives $30 in tea!  The wonderful girl who hosted this contest is Karla (of Karla's Specialteas), and she makes all of her teas herself!   Keep an eye out this week for a recipe for Sangria Iced Tea that I got from her as well!


I also got together with my dear friend Jenna before she departs for Edmonton with her hubby this week.  I'm going to miss this girl so much!



And to backtrack a little bit....a couple of weeks ago, I FINALLY attended Vancouver's Celebration of Light fireworks this year!  It was so much fun to hang out with old friends at the beach, and to see the thousands of people that all came out to enjoy the fireworks! 


I realized how much I truly do miss Vancouver, and I'm so excited to be heading back in a couple of weeks!

(I was a total noob, and completely forgot a tripod....so unfortunately all my shots were handheld, and thus, not so spectacular!)


I hope you've all had a lovely week!  We're having a family day today....and are off to climb a mountain!


p.s.   kelsey


3 comments:

  1. The ice cream looks delish. Enjoy your mountain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a tea party! And it looks wonderful!

    Wren

    ReplyDelete

Leave us some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...