Monday 29 October 2012

weekly wrap-up: Happy Halloween!


So my week was filled with adorable animals and messy pumpkin guts.  


The kittens are back!  Well I guess they never really left, but we hadn't seen them for a while.  They moved homes, and are now residing on some hay bales right outside our house.  They like to sneak up on the deck and eat out of our compost pail!


On our farm we do school tours for preschool and elementary aged children.  They love going into the petting zoo and seeing all the animals.  
Chicks are always one of their favourite animals, they are so cute and fluffy, but they grow up so fast.  So once a week we get a few baby chicks so the kids can see them when they are really small!


 Every year my mom grows a giant pumpkin, and this year it is HUGE!  But believe it or not, this is not the biggest pumpkin she has ever grown, even though her estimated guess for it is 625 lbs.  


Kelsey and I had a few friends over on Friday evening for an exciting night of pumpkin carving.  These cookies made it on to the menu for the night.  They are nutella stuffed browned butter chocolate chip cookies [the recipe can be found here].  They tasted like happiness and rainbows.  Though I did have to  make some without nutella for Kelsey (because she is crazy). 


These are the pumpkins we carved!  They looked so unbelievably cool all lit up.


Mr. Peepers by Kevin, Trick or Treating Dino by Bobby, Spike by Jordyn, Buffy by Michelle, and Doctor Who by Kelsey.


For those of you who don't know, I am a huge Buffy the Vampire Slayer fan!  At the beginning of the evening I had no idea what I was going to carve.  So when Michelle found these templates I was sold!  I am insanely happy with how they turned out!  I was really nervous, I actually haven't carved a pumpkin in about 6 or 7 years, so I felt a bit rusty, but everything went better than expected.

I hope everyone has a very safe and happy Halloween!  Leave a comment and let me know what you are dressing up as! 

p.s. ♥ jordyn

2 comments:

  1. That pumpkin is huge!! And im loving the carvings, I love buffy and dr who!x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why does everybody think it's crazy to prefer your food without nutella?

    ReplyDelete

Leave us some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...