Well, I hope you're not quite sick of seeing Valentine's Day themed baking around here...but I promise this is the last recipe you'll see from us (for this year at least). I made these last year when I was felt like doing something classic, but with a twist. Thus, red velvet mini baked doughnuts were born!
Red Velvet Mini Baked Doughnuts
recipe from: Velveteen Baker
2 cups Flour
3/4 cups Sugar
2 tsp Baking powder
1/2 tsp Salt
3/4 cup Buttermilk (or put approx 1 tbsp of vinegar in your measuring cup and fill to 3/4 cup line with milk)
1 tsp Vanilla
1 tsp red food coloring (gel)
1 TBSP Cocoa powder
2 TBSP Butter, melted
1) In a large bowl, mix together buttermilk, eggs, vanilla, butter, and red food colouring.
2) In a separate bowl, mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cocoa.
3) Add flour mixture to wet mixture, and mix until just combined.
4) Grease doughnut pan.
5) Fill each doughnut cup about 1/2 to 3/4 of the way full.
6) Bake at 425 degrees for 5-8 minutes (or until the top of the doughnuts spring back when touched.)
7) Allow to cool for about 5 minutes before removing from the pan.
Vanilla glaze:2 TBPS Hot water
2 cup Icing sugar
1 TBSP Milk
½ tsp Vanilla
Mix all the above ingredients together in a small, deep bowl. Instantly dip doughnuts and decorate immediately with sprinkles.
Then devour them!
p.s. ♥ kelsey