Mmmhh...muffins! And these aren't just any muffins. Nope, they might just be cupcakes masquerading as muffins. But there is zucchini in them...so that makes them healthy, right? Right?
Well, whatever you decide to call them, we can both agree that they are mega-delish. And I really love adding zucchini into stuff. It helps keep these muffins moist, and you won't even notice that it's there!
Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
from: Mrs. Pepper
Ingredients:3/4 cup butter
2 1/2 cup flour sifted
2 cups sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp cinnamon
2 cups shredded zuchini (with peel)
1/2 cup milk
1) Cream together the butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla in a large bowl.
2) In a separate bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and baking soda; mix well.
3) Add the dry ingredeints to the wet, then add in the milk, zucchini and chocolate chips; mix.
4) Fill greased (or lined) muffin tins about 2/3 full.
5) Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes (or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean!).
When you grate your zucchini in there's no need to fuss with peeling or anything, just go crazy!
I chose to sprinkle the tops of these muffins with a bit of coarse sugar right before I popped them in the oven. It adds some nice detail, and a tiny bit of crunch to the top...so good!
Now go share these with your friends...or just eat them all yourself!
p.s. ♥ kelsey