Tuesday 11 June 2013

tasty tuesday: chocolate peanut butter chip cookies


Chocolate and peanut butter.  One of the very best combos in life!  Second in my books to salt and caramel...but only by a hair.

These cookies were my favorite as a kid, and baking them this week made me very nostalgic.  
Coming home from school to a fresh batch of these was just the best.


The chocolate cookie dough base for these cookies is the same as our triple chocolate cookies, and is oh so fudgey and delicious!

Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Cookies

Ingredients
1 cup softened Butter (or margarine)
1 cup White Sugar
3/4 cup packed Brown Sugar
2 Eggs
1 teaspoon Vanilla
2 teaspoons Baking Soda
1/2 teaspoon of Salt (only if you're using unsalted butter)
1 1/4 cups unsweetened Cocoa Powder
1 3/4 cups Flour
1 3/4 cups Peanut Butter Chips

Directions
1) In a large bowl, cream together margarine and sugars.
2) Add eggs and vanilla, and mix well until light and fluffy.
3) Mix in salt and baking soda.
4) Add in cocoa powder and mix (I like to add it before the flour, to try and reduce the puff of cocoa powder that sometimes goes everywhere!
5) Then mix in the flour.
6) Finally, stir in the peanut butter chips.
7) Place on cookie sheet in 1 1/2 inch balls. (squish down a bit for flatter cookies if you'd like.)
8) Bake at 350 degrees for 9-12 minutes.


Now you have a batch of deliciousness to share with friends!  Or you can hoard them...whatevs.  No judgement here.


My momma found me this vintage cocoa tin, and it just cracks me up!  If you look closely you can see mega nun-ception happening....and on the other side there are flamingos.  Why?  I have no clue....but it makes me smile every time I look at it.


I hope you enjoyed!  And remember to make these next time you're experiencing a major choco-peanut butter craving!

p.s.   kelsey 

2 comments:

  1. Those look like the yummiest chocolate cookies I have ever seen! I love the way you displayed them in the photos too! xx. McKenna Lou
    www.lynnandlou.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much McKenna! I'm really trying to get better at food styling ;) it's harder than it looks!

      Delete

Leave us some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...