I know what you're thinking... this is AMAZING. Best idea ever, right?! Bacon jam? A bacon themed Christmas on ps.heart? Yes. That's right. You're welcome. Bacon is the best, and this bacon jam is going to blow your bacon-loving mind, because this stuff is seriously delicious and addicting and epic beyond words. You might even be hailed as the favourite (friend/child/brother/sister/cousin/whatever it is you are) if you decide you can part with this goodness and gift it away!
2 packs of bacon (each at 500g)
2 medium onions
3 garlic cloves
1/2 cup vinegar
1/2 cup coffee
1/2 cup maple syrup
2 tsp worcestershire sauce
1 tsp cinnamon
pepper and salt to taste
1. Cut up your bacon into 1/2 inch strips. Dice your onions, and peel then smash up your garlic cloves.
2. Set a heavy skillet to med-high heat and begin cooking your bacon until it begins to brown. Keep your bacon fat! (cause really, if you're going for bacon jam, you might as well go all in).
3. Stir in your onions and cook until softened (8-10 minutes).
4. Add in your maple syrup, vinegar, coffee, and worcestershire sauce. Season with cinnamon, pepper, and salt. Continue to cook until the mixture has a glossy appearance and a syrup-like consistency (up to 1 hour). Don't forget to stir occasionally!
5. Let the mixture cool for 20 minutes, then stick it in the blender and puree. You don't want it to end up "pasty," so don't go to town while blending! It should still be thick and chunky at the end.
6. Enjoy the pure awesomeness that is now bacon jam!
*Note: bacon jam can be refrigerated for approximately 1 month. Serve at room temperature.
p.s. ♥ clara